1/3 Photos of Savory Braised Green Beans With Red Bell Pepper and Walnuts
Entered for safe-keeping. From First, November 24, 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast walnuts on baking sheet in 350-degree oven for 8-20 minutes or over medium heat for 3-5 minutes in small skillet. When walnuts become fragrant, remove from heat. Do not scorch walnuts. Set aside to cool, then chop to yield 1/4 cup.
- 2In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook shallots in butter 2 minutes.
- 3Add chopped garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- 4Add green beans and red bell peppers. Cook 2 minutes.
- 5Add vegetable broth or chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Arrange vegetables on serving paltter. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Braised Green Beans With Red Bell Pepper and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 40.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: