Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From First, November 24, 2008.
Make and share this Savory Braised Green Beans With Red Bell Pepper and Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Toast walnuts on baking sheet in 350-degree oven for 8-20 minutes or over medium heat for 3-5 minutes in small skillet. When walnuts become fragrant, remove from heat. Do not scorch walnuts. Set aside to cool, then chop to yield 1/4 cup.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook shallots in butter 2 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add green beans and red bell peppers. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth or chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Arrange vegetables on serving paltter. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
This is just beautiful! I cooked as directed, but found I needed more time to get my green beans crisp tender. As posted, I found it a little bland, so I added some salt and pepper. I used pecans instead of walnuts, my preference. Loved the addition of the nuts....they are what made this dish! Thanks for sharing!
What a pretty side dish & it's easy enough to be made anytime! Like the other reviewers I had to increase the cooking time in order for the green beans to be crisp tender. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is excellent. I didnt have any walnuts so I used slivered almonds. Thank you for the recipe.