Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a Cooking Light book back in 2005. I have used this recipe so many time that the book is falling apart. You just throw it toghter and forget about it. Enjoy!
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup kidney bean, dried
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 ounces smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 7 ounces smoked pork sausage, thinly sliced
- 7 ounces smoked beef sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups long-grain rice, hot cooked
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Combine first 12 ingredients in an electric slow cooker.
- Cover with lid;cook on high-heat setting for 5 hours.
- Discard bay leaf, stir in salt.
- Serve over rice, sprinkle with green onions.