1/3 Photos of Spaghetti Squash With Red Sauce
Spaghetti squash is my new favorite fun food. I never knew that there was a vegetable that was so much like pasta! This recipe won a Taste of Home competition and I can taste why! This simple vegetarian sauce is a great topper for the squash "This fabulous, meatless main dish is a great way to get the kids to eat lots of vegetables … and a great way for you to use some of the fresh harvest from your garden. — Kathryn Pehl, Prescott, Ariz."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs spaghetti squash (about 1 medium)
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese, Grated (optional)
- 1Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds.
- 2Place squash, cut side down, on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-16 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, carrot, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- 4Add tomato sauce; heat through.
- 5When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Place squash on a serving platter and top with sauce.
- 6Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Squash With Red Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 436.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: