1/1 Photo of Spicy Red Lentil Coconut Soup
adapted from cooking light, this is great on a cool autumn evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai basil, chiffonaded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1heat oil in a large saucepan.
- 2add onions, spices and garlic and cook until softened.
- 3add lentils, brith, and water and bring to a boil.
- 4cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 5remove from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- 6with an immersion blender puree soup until it's smooth.
- 7(this can also be done in a blender, in batches).
- 8stir in coconut milk and remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Red Lentil Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 302.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 20.2 g