1/2 Photos of Steak, Asparagus, and Red Potato Salad
This salad is great, in that it only takes about 30 minutes to throw together using leftover grilled steak. I have adapted it from a chicken salad recipe from cooking light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups grilled steak, thinly sliced (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package gourmet salad greens (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1To prepare dressing, combine parsley, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- 2Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Add 1 tsp salt to pan; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- 4Quarter potatoes. Place the potatoes, asparagus, steak, onion, and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak, Asparagus, and Red Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 932.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gourmet salad greens