Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the California Strawberry Commission. Very easy to make!
Make and share this Strawberry and Red Onion Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (slightly warmed to help in blending)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced and cut into crescents
- loose leaf lettuce
- Salad Dressing: In small non-reactive bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients. Blend thoroughly using an immersion blender and set aside. Best prepared 1 hour in advance of serving.
- Salad: To assemble salads, line four individual serving plates with the lettuce.
- Arrange strawberries and onion crescents, equally divided, on the lettuce leaves.
- Whisk dressing before serving and serve on side.
This is an excellent salad! I use romaine lettuce and add some sliced cucumber as well. In a pinch, I use bottled poppyseed dressing. Either way, it's very tasty!
I really enjoy this recipe. I have made it many times especially when strawberries are in season. I have also used butter lettuce. Butter lettuce is extremely mild.