Vitameatavegamin Girl's Note:
I got this recipe from Family Circle Magazine and loved it! The only thing I do differently is marinate the steaks in red wine over night with a little meat tenderizer. At the end, to thicken up the sauce, I add about 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch in the last minute of boiling the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless strip steaks (4 steaks, 1-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup canned condensed beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1Season steaks with salt.
- 2Press pepper on surfaces.
- 3Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat.
- 4Add steaks.
- 5Lower heat to medium; cook, turning once, 4 minutes per side for rare, 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, and 8-10 minutes per side for well-done.
- 6Remove to warm platter; keep steaks warm.
- 7Add onion to skillet; cook until browned, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 8Add half the rosemary, half the garlic and cook, stirring, 20 seconds.
- 9Add wine.
- 10Increase heat to high; boil vigorously 2 minutes.
- 11Add broth, sugar and meat juices that have collected on platter.
- 12Boil 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 cup.
- 13Add remaining rosemary and garlic.
- 14Pour over steaks and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strip Steak With Rosemary Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1043.5
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 231.3 mg
- Sodium 796.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 64.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless strip steaks