1/2 Photos of Stuffed Mushrooms With Roasted Red Peppers and Manchego Cheese
Debbie R.'s Note:
This is from "The Best International Recipe", from the Cooks Illustrated folks. You want mushrooms with caps about 1.5 - 2 inches in diameters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe the mushroom caps clean. Remove stems completely.
- 2Rinse the roasted red pepper. Pat dry. Slice into thin strips.
- 3Put oven rack in lower one-third of oven and preheat to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss mushroom caps with oil, salt and pepper. Lay gill side down on sheet. Roast until they release juices and shrink, about 25 minutes.
- 4Remove them from oven. Let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, flip, fill with cheese and place a few strips of red pepper on top. (At this point, they can be covered and chilled for up to 2 days. You may need to cook them a couple extra minutes tho.).
- 5Bake until mushrooms are hot and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 20 minutes. Remove to serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushrooms With Roasted Red Peppers and Manchego Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers