1/2 Photos of Uncle Sandy's Red Hot Spiced Onions
Tea Jenny's Note:
My wee brother makes wonderfull food especially Indian, this is his recipe for spicy onions to have with popadoms as an appetiser. I always keep a jar in the fridge. I can promise that you will not! be able to stop eating them they are addictive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onions into a small dice place in a bowl with salt and vinegar, mix well and set aside for two to three hours.
- 2Rince in cold water and drain.
- 3Dry onions on absorbent towel.
- 4Add salt, chilli powder and cayenne and give it a good mix.
- 5Now add the tomato ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, mint sauce and mango chutney, and give it another good mix.
- 6Decant into a clean sterile jar and pop in the fridge for at least a day to let the flavours mingle, but I bet you can't leave it that long.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Sandy's Red Hot Spiced Onions
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 547.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
sweet chili sauce