Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I tried this recipe at a barbeque and was amazed! What is written is what I copied from the host's copy of The Whole Foods Cookbook.
- Quarter potatoes and steam for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl with salt and pepper and set aside.
- While potatoes steam, make salad dressing: in a food processor, add mustard and oil and blend well.
- Add juice, vinegar, basil, and spices, processing until smooth.
- Once potatoes cool, add them to the bowl of seasoned veggies.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle in dressing and toss to coat.
- Most Excellent!
This review is long overdue. My family LOVES this potato salad! I'm digging up the recipe again for a fish fry this weekend. It is so colorful with red, green, and yellow and SO tangy with pineapple juice to sweeten it up. GREAT stuff! I decrease the olive oil just a bit, but overall it's perfect as-is. Thanks so much for posting this wonderful alternative to typical mayo potato salad!
We really enjoyed this! I made it as written, but cut down on the olive oil a bit and as I had no green onions, we used minced red onion instead. It was colorful and we felt good knowing it was vegan. This would be great to take on a picnic because you wouldn't have to worry so much about mayonaise in the heat! Definately a keeper.